Citizen's Guide to Board Meetings
Did you know? All Village Board Meetings are open for the public to attend?
Board Study Sessionsare the first Tuesday of every month and begin at
Board Meetingsare the second Tuesday of every month and also begin at
The Board Room Schedule can be found at:
Did you know? All Village Board Meetings are recorded live and posted online?
If you wanted to attend a meeting but couldn’t, you can view the meeting online at:
Copies of the formal agenda for each Village Board meeting are available the Friday preceding each meeting. They can be viewed at Village Hall or online at
Information regarding the Village or Agenda may be obtained by calling the Village Administrator’s office at (217)892-6802
Public ParticipationA note from the Mayor:
"The Village Board welcomes and appreciates public participation at all Village Board meetings. We provide two opportunities to address the board during each meeting.
First, before the meeting begins, any comments pertaining to items on the agenda will be heard. This is to make sure public input is heard prior to the Board’s discussion on each item. Then, at the end of our meeting, there will be time for general comments.
Thank you for staying involved in our community!"
Public Participation Rules & Procedures
- Fill out the Public Participation Form available here or at the Board Meetings.
- Hand the form to the Village Clerk, Mike Graham just before the meeting starts.
- The Mayor will announce when it is time for public participation and the Village Clerk will call names to the microphone.
- When your name is called approach the microphone.
- Address your comments to the Board as a whole; not to individual Trustees.
- Limit your remarks to three (3) minutes or less.
- The Board and staff will have time to respond if they choose. **Please note that a response is not required and you may be asked to get in contact with the individual staff member or public official relevant to your comment.